26 August 2016
Happiest baby on the block, that’s who he is!
- Moving! The progress is glacial, but Clyde started army crawling around this month. It started with belly circles, then he could get from here to there. He gets up on his hands and knees to rock, but not to hand and knee crawl yet.
- Consonants. The vowel-only language morphed seemingly over night from aaa, ooohhh to Da! Ma! Ba!
- Cognitive Dissidence. All this development did not sit well with his neurological path and the week after crawling and talking was a tough one. He’s already coming out the other side of it and back to being a pretty chilled kid.
- Sleep, glorious sleep. This month Clyde started regularly sleeping through the night. Whew!
- Chowing Down. Clyde does love to eat and is now enjoying three regular meals at breakfast, lunch and late afternoon snack time. He misses out on dinner because he still goes to bed at 5:30pm. Favorite foods are definitely fruits, with local colorado peaches being at the top of that list. He also loves sandwiches and fig newtons (the healthy ones).
- Clee! Hazel named him again, and we most often refer to our little man as Clee. For this month at least.
- And…no teeth, but lots of drool…still a redhead, and got a haircut this month too…I stopped cloth diapers, something had to give (and I’m choosing the environment????!)…he still has the best smile on the planet…so much love for and from his siblings.
25 July 2016
He’s big, he’s happy, and we love him!
Here’s whats up with our little ClydeO:
- FOOOOOODDDD! The moment Hazel and Miles were waiting for. The day he turned 5 months he was in the high chair and chowing down. He took to food like a fish to water, feeds himself (Baby Led Weaning is the fancy word, we call it Feed Yo Self around here). Loves everything, except soft pureed foods like applesauce and yogurt.
- Clee! A new name comes along. Our Mr B, ClydeO, Kelidescope is most commonly known as Clee within the posse.
- InTENSE. Clyde is a happy dude, intensely happy. The biggest smile he can muster. Or he is completely losing it (usually if he doesn’t see me around. Separation anxiety at a maximum). North Pole or South. Luckily he is mostly up.
- Travel dude. We’ve done some traveling this month, and Clyde did remarkably well just going with the flow on all the skipped and pushed bedtimes. He’s a good little traveler (even though he doesn’t sleep on planes !!?!)
- Hand to Mouth/Face. Clyde loves exploring the faces and moving mouths of those who hold him.
- Spa Baby. This month I took Clyde to a baby massage clinic held in a friend’s home. He cracked us all up by totally blissing out and saying “aahhhhh” for the whole hour of massage. He loved it!
- Still Tiny. The banana baby trend continues. 27″ long and 15#10 at 6 month check up (85th and 10th %ile respectively). There are worse things than having the 6 month old who needs to be carried everywhere be on the tiny side. Plus, he’s my baby! And needs to stay little forever! Or at least a little while.
12 July 2016
Our Fourth of July week started with a visit from our friends Laura and Ryder from Seattle. We had a great time hanging out (without the husbands). ClydeO and RydeO will hopefully grow up to be as good of friends as their mommas!
On the actual day, we spent time first with Wally and Garrett and paraded the neighborhood. The afternoon was spent (with Tim’s behind the lens, as is apparent) at Miles’ buddy Liam’s house. There was a combine harvester and a bonfire!
On the fifth, we made our first family overnight trip into the mountains, again to visit our friends Will, Rebecca and Ryder. We were at 10k feet and loved it!